Long live osha root: http://www.herbco.com/p-745-osha-root-whole-wild-crafted.aspx
After coughing for a couple of hours in the middle of the night last night, I remembered that I had in my tea stash some osha root from the Ashland Food Coop. I didn't have health insurance for a while in Ashland. My mbira partner fortunately knew how to survive on herbal medicine. I bought and used osha root as tea for a bout with bronchitis. I really like it.
This story also reminds me that during the same bout with bronchitis, my Ashland hair cutter suggested Gao Mao Ling which is made in China. She cut the hair of a Chinese Medicine doctor right before my hair cut and he suggested Gao Mao Ling for the bug that was going around. This also really helped.
And this story reminds me of the story of having sciatica one winter after going to two Aikido camp intensives the previous summer. I suffered a great deal that winter and while getting my hair cut, my hair cut favorite in Portland suggested going next door to Rite-aid and getting some Aleve. I did that and bingo, the pain was controllable and eventually it worked its way out, never to return (cross your fingers).
Now if I could just get some allergy advice from my new hair cut provider.
p.s. I had my hair cut yesterday and got no new advice on coughing from my hair cut provider. Maybe time for a new one.
No comments:
Post a Comment