Monday, March 5, 2012

Rose City Yarn Crawl:  We visited 19 shops in the greater metropolitan area and found some all time favorites including Knit Purl in downtown Portland.  The good ones far outweighed the so so ones.  Learned so many new things that I might have missed had I not been traveling with a long time friend.

Revisiting Ravelry.com as social media.  I have an account but only downloaded patterns, didn't share.

Alas in a New York Moment, we were rear ended on the Marquam Bridge on our way home.  I wasn't driving thankfully as we stopped short with traffic stopping short.  4 cars piled on behind.  We were in a nice solid Audi which took the shock well.  Policeman made us all drive off the bridge since we all could and exchange info.  One poor young man with kids in his car had no insurance.  I know he "should" have insurance but felt bad for him.  Some cars drove on once we got off the bridge.  He pulled over and said, "I don't have insurance."  I think he should get points for that.  He was two cars back.

The policeman said exhange information, got in his car and left.  The three cars that remained exchanged info amongst drivers.  Must happen all the time.  He just said it was an accident and that is why they call them accidents.  We agreed, still sorting out things would have been helpful.  Assume it was minor in the total scheme of things.

We should have stopped for ice cream or better for coffee.  Doing Reiki and using Panaway on my neck which liked the accident less than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment